Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

Little Cousin

My cousin Katy is five years old. Yesterday, on Thanksgiving, she was sooooo bored. So I introduced her to the old dolls in the closet. She fell in love instantly. Instead of playing with the dolls, though, she got out all of the dolls' food and set it all out on the table. She came tugging at my shirt saying "come on, the food is ready we gotta eat!" I followed her upstairs and reached for a "cupcake" when she proceeds to say. "NO! We have to pray first!" Of course, silly me. ;) So we held hands and she says, "Dear God, we thank you for this delicious food. We also thank you for birthdays, and the seasons, and street shows so that the poor can earn money if the rich like their shows and wish to pay them money..." She went on, and on, and on, about all sorts of things she needed to thank God for then finished with, "I hope you don't get sick 'cause then we won't get anything. Love ya' God. Amen." It was really sweet. I figured, hey I mean if that's what she's thankful for...it's Thanksgiving so why not thank Him for it? Props to Katy. :) Love ya'!
<3 Key

No comments:

Post a Comment